The PRESIDENTS lead the Advisory Board. The President and Vice President were first elected in 2012 by Adviosry Board members. Elections are to be held every two years of two Officers: a President; a Vice-President. The President, or in his/ her absence the Vice- President, shall preside at all meetings. At the final meeting of the Association, the President with the Administrator shall present to the meeting a report of the activities of the Association during the year. This shall include a summary of matters recommended for action by the Advisory Board.
PRESIDENT - DR. ROD HAVRILUK, PH.D (Scientific Advisor)
- Rod has a Ph.D. in human performance. Although he specializes in biomechanics, he has also maintained both a research and applied interest in skill learning and injury prevention. He is one of the most widely published authors on swimming technique and has made presentations to coaches and sport scientists all over the world.
- University Level Instructor and NCAA Div-1 Coach, 10-years
- Has conducted human performance research with Olympic athletes
- Presents at National and International Swim Conferences
- Medical Testing Staff at US Olympic Trials
- Dr. Rod’s research has produced 3 patents producing the Aquanex Swim Technology (see website above)
- “Aquanex+ Video” was selected as a finalist for Product Design & Development’s 2003 Engineering Awards
VICE PRESIDENT- DR Daniel Almeida Marinho DPT, CSCS (Biomechanics Advisor)
- PhD in Sport Sciences at the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro (UTAD, Vila Real)
- President of the Sport Sciences Department of the University of Beira Interior (UBI, Covilhã).
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Faculty of Social and Human Sciences of the University of Beira Interior (UBI, Covilhã).
- Full member of the Research Centre in Sports, Health and Human Development (CIDESD, Portugal).
- Areas of scientific study include; Biomechanics and Bioenergetics of Sports, Training, and Swimming.
- Plethora of publications in journal periodicals.
- Reviewer in scientific periodicals
- Presents at International Scientific Conferences