Call for Writers
Welcome and look at one of the fascinating parks of Australia. Can you capture others imagination or even simplify information that could be used by others?
As our band of loyal followers grows rapidly each day, so too does our search for quality exercise science and swimming journalists. If you think you have the patience combined the exercise science know-how of Dr. David Pyne and love swimming, you could be the writer for us.
Journal of the International Society of Swimming Coaching (JISOSC)
JISOSC considers the following types of articles:
- Book Reviews: a broad perspective of texts, technical and lay books on swimming, physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, metabolism and biochemistry will be considered for Book Review.
- Brief Communications: Original research of high quality with limited goals or restricted focus will be considered in this category.
- Commentaries: focused and opinionated articles on subjects within the journal's scope. These articles are usually related to contemporary issues, such as recent research findings.
- Critical Reviews: Authoritative summaries of any subject within the journal's scope with dispassionate and rational critique of the field. Critical reviews may be unsolicited or proposed by the editorial staff.
- Letters: they can take three forms: a substantial re-analysis of a previously published article, or a substantial response to such a re-analysis from the authors of the original publication, or an article that may not cover 'standard research' but that may be relevant to readers.
- Methods: Papers describing new methods that advance research in swimming will be published.
- Original Research: should exemplify outstanding clinical or basic research with clear conclusions and appropriate methodology.
- Perspectives: normally commissioned and usually based on one or more recently published articles interesting enough to warrant a short commentary